- Stretches and opens the inner thigh and groin and hips
- Builds strong balance
- Strengthens the core
- Straighten the front leg + hinge forward at the hips to lower your front hand down
- Open up your chest and top shoulder to the ceiling
- Squeeze in your glutes to stack one hip under the other
- Don’t press too much weight down into the front leg with your front hand; light touch instead
- Don’t poke your bum out in order to get your front hand down low; keep your bum in!
- Don’t spread your feet too wide; keep them a little closer
A wise word from one of our instructors, Patrick: triangle is often a pose used in transition with other lunges, so use it to find a few moment of stillness, calmness and a cool mind. Be like Fonzy; real cool.